You have problems with loose dentures? You have broken or missing teeth? You may be a good candidate for dental implants.
A dental implant is an artificial tooth root that is placed into your gum, more precisely in your jaw. Our dentists install a porcelain crown or procelain bridge on the dental implant. Dental implants may be an option for people who have broken or lost a tooth due to periodontal disease, an injury, or some other reason.
Am I a good candidate for dental implants?
As technology has progressed a lot, many patients can now benefit from dental implants to replace missing or broken teeth. Few conditions come into play: your general health, the general health of your mouth and other teeth. Smoking can affect the installation of dental implants.
How long have your teeth been missing? In some cases, if you have lost the tooth a long time ago, there might be bone resorption. In this case, a bone graft might be necessary before dental implant placement. This treatment is available at our dental clinic in Laval.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF DENTAL IMPLANTS ?
- A toothless face can sag, look older and sad. Dental implants allow you to maintain the natural shape of your face and your smile.
- Enjoy life without worrying about your teethNo need to stay home or feel uncomfortable in public, embarrassed because your smile looks different due to missing teeth. Dental implants will give you full control of your life! Retain your natural face shape, and smile. Dental implants allow us to maintain the natural shape of your face and your smile and provide a youthful and healthy appearance.
- Dental implants are a long-term solution. Traditional, tooth-supported dental bridges only last five to seven years, and with proper care often more than 10 years, but at some point they may need to be replaced. While dental implants may need periodic adjustments, they can last a lifetime if they are well maintained by the patient and by our dental clinic in Laval.
- A dental implant gives you the same sensation as a natural tooth would.Strong and stable, a dental implant replaces a lost or broken tooth so that it looks and functions like a natural tooth.Built to last.
- Protect healthy bone.
- When a tooth is lost, if it is not replaced, bone resorption may occur. Dental implants are the only dental restoration option that preserves and simulates natural bone. They help prevent bone resorption.
- Keep your teeth in your month : Not in a cup.
- More stable than prostheses, dental implants will help you keep your teeth where they should be: in your mouth!
- Speak normally : Without distorting sounds and words.
- Unlike prostheses, which make some sounds harder to pronounce, especially S, V, F. Dental implants allow you to have natural diction.
- Eat your favorite foods!
- Compared to removable prostheses that can make feeding more complicated and that can feel uncomfortable, dental implants are like natural teeth. You can bite naturally and eat virtually anything you want!
- Dental implants stay in place.
- Dentures may slip when you eat, talk, smile, laugh, kiss, yawn or cough, so that you have to “reposition” them back into place in the mouth. Dental implants are the best solution because they are fixed to your jaw.
- Protect your healthy teeth.
- Replacing teeth with a dental bridge requires cutting adjacent teeth and therefore damaging some of your healthy teeth. With dental implants, these fit into the jaw at the location of the missing tooth without impacting the health of adjacent teeth. Futhuermore, the dental implant prevents the movement or extrusion of adjacent teeth.
- More predictable than other repair and restoration methods.
- Dental implant treatment has a track record of reliable, long-term successful outcomes and is often considered “more predictable” than other treatments to repair or replace missing teeth, including procelain dental bridge, extensive obturation or root canal treatment.