It’s called a Cerec. It’s the next technology. You come in with a broken tooth, you leave with a crown. One appointment!
HOW DOES IT WORK?
CEREC is an internationally-renowned dental technology developed in GermanyUsing CAD/CAM (computer-aided design and computer-aided manufacturing), this process allows dentists to construct, produce, and insert individual ceramic restorations chairside in a single appointment, rather than over multiple appointments with lab side working between.
The process begins with a digital impression of your tooth. The digital model of your restoration is validated and adjusted by the dentist and sent to our milling station where it is sculpted from a ceramic block. Finally, the restoration is placed in your mouth and you leave the clinic with a smile.
Patient benefits from CEREC technology:
- Getting a permanent dental restoration only takes one visit – saving you time.
- The impression of the damaged tooth is done digitally. This method is faster and you avoid having the unpleasant paste that is traditionally used for teeth impressions.
- Only one local anaesthetic is necessary.
- No need for a temporary restoration while waiting for the permanent one from the laboratory.
- The materials used are recognized for their high quality and durability.
- The cost is similar to traditional restorations milled in a laboratory.